Services :: Medical Power of Attorney

Your child has just turned eighteen, left home and is in his first year of college. Great, right? Well maybe but what if you child is in an accident on the way home from school for the Thanksgiving break? He or she is taken to a hospital in another county. It may not be so easy finding out medical information on your child since, according to Texas law, he or she is now an adult and falls under various privacy laws within the State of Texas. Without a Medical Power of Attorney (MPOA) document, the physician is not legally allowed to share private information with you about your son or daughter. This is also the case with your spouse or your aging parents who may become incapacitated in an accident or due to a medical condition. Without this document, by law, the physician cannot discuss medical treatment or the condition of your loved one with you.

Contact The Handley Law Office to set an appointment to make sure your children are safe. 281.703.3616 or

Contact The Handley Law Office


Counties Served
Harris | Fort Bend | Waller | Montgomery and Surrounding Counties