Services :: Power of Attorney

Are you about to close on a house and your spouse has missed his flight back from a business trip? A Power of Attorney is a document that can be signed by your spouse giving you the authority to close on your house. This same issue happened to me many years ago when I was working in another state and my wife was about to close on our new home. I was able to sign a Power of Attorney giving my wife the authority to sign and close on the new house on my behalf.

Another example of when a Power of Attorney can be helpful is if you have a loved one that is in an accident or has a medical condition and they become incapacitated either for the short or long term. A Power of Attorney will enable you to talk to, and handle financial matters, with the institutions that may have your loved one’s accounts. If your loved one has a business, a representative may need a Power of Attorney to take care of the business, especially if it is a business owned by your loved one. Without a Power of Attorney, the only way to handle business of this type would be to file a Temporary Guardianship in order to handle the business of the incapacitated person. You can always terminate a Power of Attorney at any time.

Contact The Handley Law Office to set an appointment to set up your Statutory Power of Attorney. 281.703.3616 or

Contact The Handley Law Office


Counties Served
Harris | Fort Bend | Waller | Montgomery and Surrounding Counties